Dear Polkadot Community!
We are submitting a proposal for a multi-parachain tooling, Grabber, that helps parachain-based dApps to incentivize governance voters and crowdloan participants and onboard them as their users.
Building a user base and community is one of the most challenging and expensive tasks for dApps today. Because of this, dApps often launch in ecosystems with a large existing user base for easier onboarding and wider reach.
Polkadot offers promising opportunities for dApp development, thanks to its innovative features and significant user base/liquidity. Many ambitious dApp developers have already entered the ecosystem and brought valuable contributions to the network.
However, fragmentation within the community presents a challenge for building a stable user base. While dApps in the Polkadot parachain ecosystem hope to tap into the community of early adopters, crowdloan auction participants, or active DAO members, the federated architecture and technological characteristics of parachains make it difficult for them to identify and onboard the native Polkadot community.
Grabber aims to solve the issue by connecting dApps with the native Polkadot community, allowing them to reach the parachain community and the community of skilled and influential native chain users through our tooling.
Grabber helps distribute tokens from ecosystem dApps to incentivize users who have crowdloan or governance voting experience, which can help build a stronger community and drive growth.
This way, Grabber provides a USP to the community building challenge for dApps in the Polkadot ecosystem.
Grabber was already tested in Polkadot parachain (Astar network): two distribution events were administered up to date: Algem & Astar
Grabber | Algem
- Fully qualified (scored) users found to fit all criteria requested by the company: 532
- Users registered in Grabber for event: >5100
- Verified their wallets in Grabber: >3100 (60.87%)
- Event registrations (on-chain): 2735
- Impressions for event-related Tweets from @Grabberofficial: >20K
- Increase in the number of Algem’s followers after the event: 16.48%
- Grabber x Algem smart-contract: https://blockscout.com/astar/address/0xC00ba642fbB807B6e7A45fDAC4D2061d961fd272
Grabber | Astar
- Fully qualified (scored) users found to fit all criteria requested by the company: 148
- Users registered in Grabber for the event: >2100
- Verified their wallets in Grabber: >1420 (67.62%)
- Event registrations (on-chain): 957
- Impressions for event-related Tweets from @Grabber :>41K
- Grabber x Astar smart-contract: https://blockscout.com/astar/address/0x76d46248F66Afb7767BA7C449748550926908DC4
More numbers about this evets available in the Detailed Proposal:
Grabber's Potential Impact
- Helps dApps quickly gather a high-quality audience with expertise in the Polkadot ecosystem and high commitment levels.
- Provides a boost to parachain ecosystems by bringing audiences directly to dApps and increasing on-chain activity in their parachains.
- Provides active community members (such as parachain crowdloan and governance participants) the opportunity to utilize their skills and commitment for benefits.
- Makes the Polkadot ecosystem more attractive for dApps, especially for those working on ambitious projects who need access to a top-tier audience.
All the best, the Grabber team!