Requested Allocation: $50,000
*DOT amount calculated via EMA7 on 15 February 2023 at GMT+0 1100hrs: 1 DOT ~ USD$6.27. USD$50,000 ~ 7974.4817 DOT
Proponent: EasyA 5FQqvRHgBEUZG17qs9cNFH6ZSSVyAwhb7D6dKjGWb8xgKFkP
Short Description: EasyA is developing a crash course for developers educating them on Polkadot and its parachains/projects. EasyA will then hold 2 in-person hackathons in world-leading hubs London, UK and Boston, US for developers to participate in the final showdown and showcase what they’ve learnt. We aim to get 1,000 developers completing the crash course fully, and 400 developers to our 2 in-person hackathons. The goal: educate thousands of developers on Polkadot, reach millions on social media, and get #60DaysOfPolkadot trending in developer communities worldwide!
This builds on the massive success of the original 'Hello World' Polkadot Gitcoin challenges, which kickstarted the whole Polkadot developer community.
This proposal is supported by the Acala, Astar, Composable, and Moonbeam parachains, as well as ecosystem projects including Subsquid, Gear and others. All ecosystem teams are welcomed to get involved too!
- Educate 1,000 developers on Polkadot and the ecosystem
- Produce 100 new projects on Polkadot and parachains by the end of the hackathon series
- Maximise the quality of submissions at Polkadot hackathons
- Increase awareness and adoption of Polkadot and parachains
- Introduce individuals to programming on Polkadot and parachains
- Create long-lasting content to benefit newcomers to Polkadot and parachains
See the proposal link here!