Hello Polkadot community!
Proposal: DotsamaPrague 07.06.2022 Retrospective costs reimbursement
Full proposal URL: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cQ2MSjO1Co57FY9cxUaMNIx7CoGBXvpV
Beneficiary: KodaDot COO - Damsky [15VmrRmgPhKMfBanjS5ei4dCcVL54GMLCfnVRryynSYzvyys]
Proposal submitted by: Damsky, Head of Operations at KodaDot
Requested DOT: 4099 DOT (based on EMA7 $DOT rate: 6.293 USD per 1 $DOT)($25,798)
Short description: Proposal to the Polkadot & Kusama community to reimburse costs incurred by organization and delivery of DotsamaPrague 2022 conference.
Goal: To secure retrospective funding for the successful organization and execution of DotsamaPrague 07.06.2022 conference, which aimed to strengthen the Polkadot ecosystem by promoting education, networking, and collaboration among attendees by being strategically placed between major events during Prague Blockchain Week 2022
Obvious question: Why submit the proposal so late?
- Answer: The delayed submission of the proposal, with all invoices included, is attributed to our involvement in the organization of five additional Polkadot related events (detailed below). Coupled with the challenges of managing a lot of work with a very small team, our capacity to promptly finalize the proposal was limited. Despite the challenges, to make the event happen we had to act quickly and funded the whole event from our pockets. We recognize this oversight and are committed to ensuring timely submission of proposals for future events.
Past events track:
- Dotsama Prague 2022 (Rebranded to PolkadotPrague)
- DOTBrno 2022
- Sub0 2022 opening event in Mono Lisboa
- Lightning Boat in Budapest as a side event to Metaverse Championship
- Subwork opening(Future Polkadot Hub candidate)